National Retriever Club of Canada
The National Retriever Club of Canada (NRCC) website is your source for Canadian Retriever Field Trial and Hunt Test information. Visit often for the most up-to-date Field Trial and Hunt Test Schedules, Results, and Activities that could impact you.
The National Retriever Club of Canada has member clubs across Canada. It is through these clubs that a National Retriever Championship and a National Amateur Retriever Championship is hosted each year. These events are held under the Canadian Kennel Club Field Trial Rules and Regulations. Throughout the year, member clubs host their own Licensed Field Trials and/or Hunt Test Stakes.
Important: Don’t forget to refresh your browser each time you visit the NRCC web pages or set your browser to check for newer versions of stored pages every time you visit the web page. If you don’t, you will not see updated pages.
If you have a new Field Trial Champion, lost a loved one, or have something you want to share with the retriever community, send your requests to:
- Sad to report that on Friday March 10th, the Field Trial Community lost long time field trialer and Manitoba Gun Dog Association member, Charlie Perkins. Our condolences go out to family and friends.
- The judges for the 2017 were not final in time to be announced at the Annual General meeting held in Saskatoon. We are now pleased to announce the judging slate for 2017.
- Judges for the 2017 National Amateur will be Connie Swanson, Chris Brandl, Rob Littlemore.
- Judges for the 2017 National will be Roy Morejon, Dave Douglas, Barry Grundy.
- Annual membership fees are now due. Please send Club renwal form for firstname.lastname@example.org and cheques to:
National Retriever Club of Canada
c/o Mark Laberge, 1970 Paris Street, Sudbury ON P3E 3C8
- The NRCC is looking for input from the Field Trial Community regarding the future of National events. Your participation is important
Survey to Examine National Events in Canada
Purpose of the Task Force:
- Given that the NRCC is entrusted and mandated to support National Field Trial competitions in Canada, a Task Force was created to examine the future format of the National Amateur Retriever Championships (National Amateur).
Reason for Task Force:
- Declining attendance at National Amateur
- Securing qualified judges. Six judges are required each year; three for National and three for National Amateur
- Recuring clubs to host the event in the current four Zones (East, S Ontario, Central and West)
- Lack of National quality trial grounds
- Reduction in major sponsorships to support the event
- Concerns over timing of National Amateur with regards to high temperatures and humidity
- Circulate survey - Jan. 1 2017
- Deadline for survey responses - April 1, 2017
- Recommendations to the NRCC Board - June 1, 2017
- Implementation of recommendations - 2018
- To assist the Board of Directors in making informed decisions regarding the future of the National Amateur Retriever Championship in Canada, a Survey has been created. We are looking for everyone involved in Licensed Field Trials in Canada, to participate in this short survey. Please click here to complete the Survey. Your opinion counts.
- January 1 - Club confirmation of Field Trial and Hunt Test dates
- March 31 membership renewal due
- 2017 National Amateur will be held in Deroche/Mission, BC from July 17-22.
- September 10, 2017 Annual General Meeting in Brighton, ON
- 2017 National will be held in Brighton, ON from September 11-16.