National Retriever Club of Canada
The National Retriever Club of Canada (NRCC) website is your source for Canadian Retriever Field Trial and Hunt Test information. Visit often for the most up-to-date Field Trial and Hunt Test Schedules, Results, and Activities that could impact you.
The National Retriever Club of Canada has member clubs across Canada. It is through these clubs that a National Retriever Championship and a National Amateur Retriever Championship is hosted each year. These events are held under the Canadian Kennel Club Field Trial Rules and Regulations. Throughout the year, member clubs host their own Licensed Field Trials and/or Hunt Test Stakes.
Important: Don’t forget to refresh your browser each time you visit the NRCC web pages or set your browser to check for newer versions of stored pages every time you visit the web page. If you don’t, you will not see updated pages.
If you have a new Field Trial Champion, lost a loved one, or have something you want to share with the retriever community, send your requests to:
- Canadian does well south of the border. Congratulations to Sharon van der Lee and Rusty (Pekisko's Ironman) for placing third in the Open and winning the Amateur at the recent Samish Retriever Club fielo trial in Washington. This completed his AFC and qualified him for the US National Amateur in Ronan, MT
- Judges, as our trial season is fast approaching please take the time to brush up on the rules governing our sport. All to often rules are not enforced or are improperly applied. For the most recent version of our rulebook click on http://members.ckc.ca/en/Portals/0/pdf/Membership/Rule-Books/313-04-05%20Retriever%20Field%20Trial.pdf
- The Task Force on increasing participation and improving our sport understood that everyone has to be a part of the solution if we are going to see positive changes. Yes, that means you! Please take a moment to find out how you can make the difference. Select Making the Difference from the left side menu under Guidelines.
- The NRCC Task Force Report on the state of field trialing in Canada is now published. It has 50 recommendations to improve the game. The NRCC Board of Directors is currently reviewing the report and developing an implementation plan. To view the complete report go to http://www.nrcc-canada.com/minutes/task-force-final.pdf or click on Task Force Report under Official Business on the right side menu. Thank you to the Task Force members that worked so hard as well as all who responded to the survey and provided comments.
- Heads up. The CKC has increased their per entry and listing fees for 2015. http://www.ckc.ca/en/Files/Forms/Shows-Trials/Event-Fees/Statement-of-Event-Fees-January-19-to-December-31,
- Don’t forget to check us out on Facebook at https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=679064212138775&ref=bookmark.
- January 1 - Club confirmation of Field Trial and Hunt Test dates
- March 31 - 2015 membership renewal due
- 2015 National Amateur will be held in Balmoral, MB from July 13-18
- 2015 National will be held in Brighton, ON from October 4-10.