National Retriever Club of Canada
The National Retriever Club of Canada (NRCC) website is your source for Canadian Retriever Field Trial and Hunt Test information. Visit often for the most up-to-date Field Trial and Hunt Test Schedules, Results, and Activities that could impact you.
The National Retriever Club of Canada has member clubs across Canada. It is through these clubs that a National Retriever Championship and a National Amateur Retriever Championship is hosted each year. These events are held under the Canadian Kennel Club Field Trial Rules and Regulations. Throughout the year, member clubs host their own Licensed Field Trials and/or Hunt Test Stakes.
Important: Don’t forget to refresh your browser each time you visit the NRCC web pages or set your browser to check for newer versions of stored pages every time you visit the web page. If you don’t, you will not see updated pages.
If you have a new Field Trial Champion, lost a loved one, or have something you want to share with the retriever community, send your requests to:
- So sorry to hear of your loss Marcy. Darbi will always hold a special place in your heart.
I lost my best friend yesterday. The dog that started it all for me. She took me from my first Derby to being a Canadian National Finalist. But more then the Field Trials, she has been by my side through all that life has thrown me the past 12 1/2 years and I could not have asked for a better or more loyal companion. She is already missed. FTCH Revilo's At Full Tilt "Darbi" 2002-2015. Marcy
- The Task Force on increasing participation and improving our sport understood that everyone has to be a part of the solution if we are going to see positive changes. Yes, that means you! Please take a moment to find out how you can make the difference. Select Making the Difference from the left side menu under Guidelines.
- The NRCC Task Force Report on the state of field trialing in Canada is now published. It has 50 recommendations to improve the game. The NRCC Board of Directors is currently reviewing the report and developing an implementation plan. To view the complete report go to http://www.nrcc-canada.com/minutes/task-force-final.pdf or click on Task Force Report under Official Business on the right side menu. Thank you to the Task Force members that worked so hard as well as all who responded to the survey and provided comments.
- Recently the Canadian Veterinary Medicine Association (CVMA) posted a draft position statement on “Humane Training Methods for Dogs” http://members.cvma-acmv.org:8080/AMSApps/Ams/ArticlesPublic/Details/26070 and requested feedback from its membership. In it, the CVMA stated its position on “Shock Collars” to which the NRCC prepared a response letter regarding e-collars as they relate to retriever training. Here is a copy of the NRCC position letter sent to the CVMA http://www.nrcc-canada.com/cvma-letter.pdf
- Heads up. The CKC has increased their per entry and listing fees for 2015. http://www.ckc.ca/en/Files/Forms/Shows-Trials/Event-Fees/Statement-of-Event-Fees-January-19-to-December-31,
- Dates and locations for the 2015 National Amateur and National are now confirmed. 2015 National Amateur will be held in Balmoral, MB from July 13-18. 2015 National will be held in Brighton, ON from October 4-10. Mark your calendars and book your holidays now.
- Don’t forget to check us out on Facebook at https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=679064212138775&ref=bookmark.
- January 1 - Club confirmation of Field Trial and Hunt Test dates
- March 31 - 2015 membership renewal due
- 2015 National Amateur will be held in Balmoral, MB from July 13-18
- 2015 National will be held in Brighton, ON from October 4-10.