National Retriever Club of Canada
The National Retriever Club of Canada (NRCC) website is your source for Canadian Retriever Field Trial and Hunt Test information. Visit often for the most up-to-date Field Trial and Hunt Test Schedules, Results, and Activities that could impact you.
The National Retriever Club of Canada has member clubs across Canada. It is through these clubs that a National Retriever Championship and a National Amateur Retriever Championship is hosted each year. These events are held under the Canadian Kennel Club Field Trial Rules and Regulations. Throughout the year, member clubs host their own Licensed Field Trials and/or Hunt Test Stakes.
Important: Don’t forget to refresh your browser each time you visit the NRCC web pages or set your browser to check for newer versions of stored pages every time you visit the web page. If you don’t, you will not see updated pages.
If you have a new Field Trial Champion, lost a loved one, or have something you want to share with the retriever community, send your requests to:
- Sadly the field trial community has lost a long time friend and mentor Al McKean on Sunday May 10. Many western field trialers started their first retrievers under Al’s guidance. Those of us from eastern Canada knew Al from his many years as Director and President of the National Retriever Club of Canada and from the National and National Amateur Championships he competed in. Al won the 2001 National Amateur in Saskatoon with NAFTCH FTCH Sonar. Our thought are with you Colleen.
- Two new FTCHs this weekend and one AFTCH. Congratulations to:
FTCH Battle River Perro who won the BCLRC Open on Sat May 9th. Perro is owned by Bob & Deirdre Kozminski and is trained and handled by Colin McNicol of Windy River Retrievers
FTCH AFTCH Baypoint’s Hit and Miss, owned by Lorraine Hare and handled by Lorne Langevin. Stryker won the Open May 7-8 at LRCCO to complete his title.
AFTCH Sweetwater Deuce All In, owned by Howard Simson and Lise Langlois and handled by Howard. Doyle won the Amateur at LRCCO to complete his title.
- As a follow-up to the NRCC partnership announcement with Retriever Results, we are excited about the June launch of a Canada specific series of newsletters and reports celebrating the success of dogs competing in Canadian Field Trials. As in the US, newsletters will be published each week of competion with analysis of National events. If you would like to receive the Canadian edition of Retriever Results, sign up here.
- The NRCC Task Force Report on the state of field trialing in Canada is now published. It has 50 recommendations to improve the game. The NRCC Board of Directors is currently reviewing the report and developing an implementation plan. To view the complete report go to http://www.nrcc-canada.com/minutes/task-force-final.pdf or click on Task Force Report under Official Business on the right side menu. Thank you to the Task Force members that worked so hard as well as all who responded to the survey and provided comments.
- Heads up. The CKC has increased their per entry and listing fees for 2015. http://www.ckc.ca/en/Files/Forms/Shows-Trials/Event-Fees/Statement-of-Event-Fees-January-19-to-December-31,
- Don’t forget to check us out on Facebook at https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=679064212138775&ref=bookmark.
- January 1 - Club confirmation of Field Trial and Hunt Test dates
- March 31 - 2015 membership renewal due
- 2015 National Amateur will be held in Balmoral, MB from July 13-18
- 2015 National will be held in Brighton, ON from October 4-10.