National Retriever Club of Canada
The National Retriever Club of Canada (NRCC) website is your source for Canadian Retriever Field Trial and Hunt Test information. Visit often for the most up-to-date Field Trial and Hunt Test Schedules, Results, and Activities that could impact you.
The National Retriever Club of Canada has member clubs across Canada. It is through these clubs that a National Retriever Championship and a National Amateur Retriever Championship is hosted each year. These events are held under the Canadian Kennel Club Field Trial Rules and Regulations. Throughout the year, member clubs host their own Licensed Field Trials and/or Hunt Test Stakes.
Important: Don’t forget to refresh your browser each time you visit the NRCC web pages or set your browser to check for newer versions of stored pages every time you visit the web page. If you don’t, you will not see updated pages.
If you have a new Field Trial Champion, lost a loved one, or have something you want to share with the retriever community, send your requests to:
- The 2015 Top Dogs, Handlers and Kennels in Canada are now reported on the NRCC website. Thank you to our statistician, Jim Nichols and Retriever Results for their hard work over the past year collecting data to generate these reports. Please let us know of any errors in the reported information so that the Retriever Results database and the NRCC website can be corrected. Email updates to email@example.com.
- Retriever Results update
- The first Canadian Retriever Results Newsletter has been released. In addition to the statistics provided on the NRCC web site, the newsletter will provide highlights of the week's results, changes to the Rankings and new National qualifiers. To receive the newsletter via email, you need to sign up. Simply click Subscribe
- Retriever Results is also providing us with a tool to help Field Trial Secretaries administer their events. We'll be working with you over the next few months to test the new interface. Field Trial Secretaries will still be responsible for collecting entries, but will be able to utilize Retriever Results data to create catalogues and report results.
- To enable the Retriever Results project to get off the ground and include historical data, clubs are asked to donate $100. As a field trialer, if you recognize the benefits of an accurate and up-to-date service, please consider donating individually to this worthwhile project. Cheques can be made out to the National Retriever Club of Canada and sent c/o Mark Laberge, 1970 Paris Street, Sudbury ON P3E 3C8.
- Book your vacation early
- 2016 National Amateur, July 10-16 in Iron Bridge, ON.
Judges: Gary Mason (Eastern Zone), Charlie Ross (Central Zone, Debby Mongomery (Western Zone)
- 2016 National, September 18-24 in Saskatoon, SK
Judges: Graham Tyler (Western Zone) Gerry Burmaster (Eastern Zone, Jim Green (Southern Ontario Zone)
- January 1 - Club confirmation of Field Trial and Hunt Test dates
- March 31 - 2016 membership renewal due
- 2016 National Amateur will be held in Iron Bridge, ON from July 10-16
- 2016 National will be held in Saskatoon, SK from September 18-24.